Concrete Graffiti Blocker
GraffitiBlok® Concrete Graffiti Blocker is a modified silicate solution that provides long-term protection against graffiti, tagging and paint from penetrating the surface of the concrete. GraffitiBlok Concrete Graffiti Blocker penetrates into concrete and reacts with free calcium and water to form
a calcium silicate gel that blocks paints and related graffiti materials from penetrating the surface of the concrete. This gel also helps to protect the surface from water penetration and other environmental contaminents that can shorten the life of the concrete.
Once applied, GraffitiBlok Concrete Graffiti Blocker will protect the surface from paint and graffiti penetration. When used in combination with ACR Graffiti Remover, graffiti and paint can be easily removed and the surface restored to its original look.
Long-term protection against paint and water penetration. Long-term performance with no re-application or future maintenance required.
GraffitiBlok Concrete Graffiti Blocker comes in the following sizes;
- 1 gallon bottle (3.8 liters)
- 5 gallon Pails (18.92 liters)
- 55 gallon drums (208.2 liters)
• Colorless, clear to slightly opaque, odorless, soapy feel
• Non-toxic & Biodegradable
• Percent non-volatile solids: 27.7%
• Specific gravity at 77°F (25°C) : 1.225
• Flash point – no true flash – boils at 214°F (101°C)
• Auto-ignition temperature – N/A Non-explosive
• Viscosity – 14.3 centipoise or 0.1172 Stokes
• Hazardous chemicals – Sodium Silicate (modified)
• pH 11.7
Protect aluminum, glass, painted surfaces, wood, terra-cotta, glass-glazed tiles, red brick, marble and travertine from overspray.
• Penetrates even the smallest areas to create a barrier to graffiti, paint and other tagging materials.
• Has the potential to seal cracks up to 5/64” (2.0 mm) on initial application and even future non-structural cracks up to 1/64” (0.4 mm).
• Reduction of chloride diffusion coefficient by 89% to 3.5 (10-12m2/s).
• Increases surface hardness from 6 to 8 on Moh’s scale.
• Reduces scaling in freeze-thaw environments by 89% at 50 cycles.
• Allows 84.1% moisture vapor permeability.
The NSF/ANSI 61 is a set of national standards that relates to water treatment and establishes stringent requirements for all equipment and products that come in contact with either potable (drinking) water or products that support the production of potable water.
GraffitiBlok Concrete Graffiti Blocker has been UL Certified NSF/ANSI 61.
GraffitiBlok Concrete Graffiti Blocker must be applied to a clean, dry, dust-free concrete surface, at least 28 days old.
If the surface is not clean, then the use of one of the following Alchemco Clean & Repair (ACR) products, or a shot blast system, is recommended for prepping the surface. Chemical cleaning may require multiple applications and the use of different products to achieve complete cleaning.
- ACR Concrete & Masonry Cleaner
- ACR Emulsifying Cleaner
- ACR Concrete & Masonry Etch
- ACR Graffiti Remover
- ACR Rust Converter & Inhibitor
Do not apply where ambient temperatures are below +39°F (+4°C) or above +95°F (+35°C). Do not apply within 24 hours of the surface being wet.
Normal: 1 gallon per 200 linear feet of cracks, on average. Can vary depending on substrate absorption, including the age of concrete and original density.
1. Using a pump style sprayer, spray all surfaces to be protected. Apply the solution at a rate of between 160-240 square feet per gallon (4-6 square meters per liter).
2. First watering – When surface becomes touch dry – (usually 2-6 hours depending on wind conditions and ambient temperature) flood spray the treated areas with water. If product is still wet after 6 hours, begin watering.